Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How it all started

It was 9 AM on August 11th, 2000, when my mom told me it was time to wake up. I kept telling myself that her voice was just a part of my dream, but I knew it wasn't. I remember I had a routine doctor’s appointment that morning; otherwise I never would have woken up so early. The sun was shining so bright through my window that I had to squint just to get out of bed. It was such a hot summer day that both the air conditioning and my ceiling fan just weren’t doing the trick. However, something didn’t seem right that morning. First of all, I didn’t even have to pee, which I always do when I first get up. I also got dressed before I even entered the bathroom to do my daily morning routine, and I never do that. It was as if my mind was somewhere else that day. Things were out of order, but I just kept reassuring myself that it was just too early to think straight.

With the sun still blinding me, I managed to pick out an outfit. I remember the exact outfit I wore. I dressed myself in dark blue jean shorts, a pink tank top, and my hair pulled back into a ponytail. I didn’t really care how I looked that day because first of all, it was 9:00 in the morning and second of all, I was just going to see a doctor for a check up. My day would start when I got home from the doctor. When I finished getting dressed I finally entered the bathroom to start my routine that consisted of brushing my teeth, washing my face, fixing my hair, and applying some make up. Since I was almost 13 years old, make up was now starting to become part of the routine. Turning the bathroom light on was the last thing I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment