Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Am I lucky?

Sometimes when I'm reading people's entries on the forum, I can't help but ask myself, "Am I one of the lucky ones?" Some of the people that post entries really have serious issues dealing with epilepsy. Some don't even know if they have epilepsy or not. Others are amazed at themselves if they don't have a seizure for a whole week. Luckily, I have the smallest form of epilepsy, meaning that it's highly controlled and I can go up two years without having a seizure, which I have. These poor people write in desperately seeking for answers about their children or spouses on how to relate with them. It's sometimes hard reading the posts and how these people literally suffer day-to-day. I give them credit for sharing their stories and opening up to total strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment