Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Can I get some sleep?

It is no lie that getting a good night's sleep in college is like living without oxygen. It's impossible, especially when you have roommates to deal with almost every second of the day. There's always something going on. Managing when you will get all your homework done, waking up for 8 AM classes, and worrying about the next day are all causes for sleep deprivation. When dealing with epilepsy, one of the top reasons to reduce the risk of getting a seizure is to get a good amount of sleep. That is rare to do in college, which is why I try to go to bed at a semi decent hour. A decent hour for me to go to bed is around 11:30. It may not sound super early, but 11:30 sounds pretty good when living with five other girls. I live in an apartment that is located on campus so it's easier to ditch the rest of the roomies and go into my bedroom for some peace and quiet. There are three bedrooms and two people per room. The living room is right by the front door, and only a couple of footsteps from each bedroom. Of course I can still hear noise from my room, but having a "quiet" room to go to really does make a difference. Just make sure there are ways to get a good night's sleep, even if it means compromising with your roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment