Sunday, March 15, 2009

Purple Day

Well, I just found out, after all these years, that November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. For some reason, I feel like I should have known that already. Anyway, I was just researching on the Internet, and also just found out that March 26th is Purple Day. This day was founded by a nine year-old girl from Canada named Cassidy Megan. Since lavendar is the international color for epilepsy, my favorite color by the way, people around the world are asked to wear this color on March 26th. This courageous little girl who has epilepsy wants to spread the word and make this disorder more well-known. I admire this girl for speaking up at such a young age. I also bought epilepsy awareness bracelets for myself and some of my friends who want to take action. That meant a lot to me. So don't forget to wear purple on March 26th!


No comments:

Post a Comment