Sunday, March 15, 2009

Having a "normal" social life

Having a "normal" social life while living with epilepsy can have some limitations. First of all, people with epilepsy should absolutely avoid alcohol. I can't stress this enough. Of course most people don't follow that rule due to either peer pressure or ignorance, but I am one of these people. Throughout my four years at college and my life, I have never been drunk. When I tell people this, I usually get the, "Are you serious?" responses or the, "That sucks" response. I must admit that I get tempted to drink, but then I think to myself: Why would I put my life at risk for a few sips of beer? Here is a very informative and interesting article I found on epilepsy.com. It deals with the effects alcohol has on epileptics.

No comments:

Post a Comment