Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We are not alone

Around a month ago, I joined an epilepsy forum called Coping-with-Epilepsy.com. I have never joined or signed up for anything like this, so this was really unfamiliar to me. I figured it was about time to talk to others dealing with epilepsy. After I created a user name, I went right to work. I immediately wrote my first entry telling people that I was new to the forum. I can't begin to tell you how many people responded to my two sentence introduction. They literally welcome you and encourage you to share stories, thoughts, or questions regarding epilepsy. A couple of people wrote to me asking me questions about their children who are suffering with epilepsy and how it's like for me living away from home. I answered the best that I could, and I feel that I have a lot to offer to the website. Giving advice, interacting, and asking questions myself has made me realize that I'm really not alone.

1 comment:

  1. This forum has been an incredible support, in my search to find answers to help my daughter. I try to give back, but sharing my journey in healing her seizure disorder.

    ReplyDelete