Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Remarkable Roommate

Two days ago, my roommate, Allie, made me something that I am so grateful for. She actually created and printed a mini checklist so I will always know if I took my pills or not. Every time I take my pills, I must check it off for the day. For the month of March, she listed the dates on the left, and the words "morning" and "night" on the top. This little act of generosity, can really save my life. Since Allie is my roommate, she is always the one who hears the brunt of my problems as we lay awake at night. It was just the other night when I had my monthly "scare." First of all, I have a horrible habit of second guessing myself, and second of all, millions of thoughts run through my head before I finally fall asleep. Just as Allie and I were about to go to sleep, I said, "I think I forgot to take my pills." So guess what I did? I re-took them because I did not want to take the risk of getting a seizure the next morning. Something in Allie's mind must have clicked because the next night, she surprised me with the handy checklist and pen next to my water bottle and pills. Thanks Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment