Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't Be Ashamed

The one thing about epilepsy is that no one can tell you have it. Actually, that’s probably one of the best things about it. However, it is vital to tell people whom you are close with. In the college realm, that would be your roommates. Yes, it can be awkward at first because you are just becoming familiar with each other, but it’s for your own benefit. For example, I lived in a quad for the first three years of college, which meant there were going to be bunk beds. I immediately told them my situation, and that I would be better on the bottom bunk in case a seizure were to occur. I must admit that I was timid to tell people at first, but if I wanted to be safe and begin trusting new friends I had to start opening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment