Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Skipping a dose is easy to do

I have to say that I take my medication religiously. I absolutely never miss a dose. I take two pills in the morning, and two before bed. There are even times when my roommates ask me if I took my pills or not. However, skipping a dose is surprisingly easy to do when you are in the college environment. Trust me, I've been through it. Forgetting such an everyday task is simple to do when you're trying to keep up with schoolwork. Unfortunately, I have had one terrible experience that I may never forgive myself for. Back in November, my roommates and I were just about to go to bed when I realized that I couldn't remember if I had taken my pills or not. I wound up tossing and turning in bed until 4 AM worrying, and going over in my head if I had taken the two pills that are my lifeline. Turns out, I didn't take them because I had a seizure the next morning. I went over a year without having a seizure, and that's what I get. My roommates found me in the bathroom and practically saved my life that morning. All I have to say is, thank God for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment